Fashion designers typically have a bachelor’s degree in afine arts or business field such as fashion design or fashion merchandising. These fashion-focused programs teach students about textiles and fabrics and how to use computer-aided design technology. Students also work on projects they can add to their portfolio, which showcases their designs. The BFA program offers concentrations in children’s wear, intimate apparel, knitwear, special occasion, and sportswear.
- The Similar Occupations tab describes occupations that share similar duties, skills, interests, education, or training with the occupation covered in the profile.
- The fashion industry has long been one of the largest employers in the United States, and it remains so in the 21st century.
- Discover more about the world of fashion and try out our activities.
- Principal photography commenced in December 2007, and the film was shot extensively in Mumbai.
- A Fashion Roundtable win, highlighting why our team are experts in fashion and